Sunday, June 26
Sevenoaks, UK

Match Centre



Green St. Green Rovers

Sevenoaks League Division 2 27th January 2018 @ 14:00 Raley's Field

In driving rain from the south and high winds Wilderpark snatched a time added on victory against lowly Green Street Green Rovers at Raleys Field with a goal by Jim Hagon to give them a 3-2 victory.

Although lacking in technique Rovers had shown a lot of grit and determination and looked to be on the way to recording only their second victory of the season against a Park side that had suffered only one defeat in League Competitions since the latter part of September.

A second goal by Rovers had put them into the ascendency on 55 minutes following a cross from the left which found the right winger virtually unmarked and he shot under the diving Park keeper Lewis Hughes for the ball to roll into the net.

Apart from this attack and another which should have put Rovers further ahead but the attacker shot wide of the target, the Park had territorially dominated the second half with the wind in their favour.

A controversial refereeing decision after the hour mark caused much annoyance amongst the Park players. A free kick taken on the right by Paul Burgess floated over into a packed 19 yard area where the ball was headed into the net by Hagon.

In fact the ball went through a hole in the back of the net and rolled outside to the claims by the Rovers players that the ball had gone wide. Initially the goal was given but after the club linesman had entered the field of play to have a dialogue with the referee he then disallowed the goal awarding a goal kick.

Then Park then stirred on by this strange decision pushed forward. Hagon shot wide after a through ball had found him in a good position and Alex David headed over the crossbar. With time running out an on 42 minutes a ball cut back to Hagon saw him strike a low shot into the corner of the net.

Earlier the Park had got off to an excellent start scoring in the opening minutes when Leon Terry skilfully bear the Rovers keeper after receiving a cross ball by Hagon. Soon afterwards David was put through but this time the keeper made a superb save to keep out the shot.

More pressure came and a free kick just outside the centre circle found Steve Henniker who in turn pushed the ball to Ollie Barnes but his shot went over the crossbar.

As the half progressed the Park lost their momentum which allowed the visitors to come more into the game. Hughes made an excellent save to keep out a 40 yard fierce shot. Then from a corner the Park’s inability to defend balls into the area was again exposed and Rovers were able to draw level.

Wilderpark 3 - 2 Green St. Green Rovers

  • Saturday 27 January 2018 @ 14:00
  • Sevenoaks League Division 2 
  • Raley's Field
  • Referee: Brian Shelton
12 P. Burgess A. Streeter

Previous meetings

14 Oct 17 14:00 League Green St. Green Rovers v Wilderpark 2 - 9
27 Jan 18 14:00 League Wilderpark v Green St. Green Rovers 3 - 2
15 Sep 18 13:30 Shield Wilderpark v Green St. Green Rovers 2 - 3
15 Dec 18 14:00 League Wilderpark Reserves v Green St. Green Rovers 2 - 4
23 Feb 19 14:00 League Green St. Green Rovers v Wilderpark Reserves 1 - 4