Monday, June 27
Sevenoaks, UK

Match Centre



Sevenoaks Town Res

Craske & Wells Trophy 27th March 2018 @ 19:30 Greatness Park

On Tuesday evening the Park were again in action, this time at the Bourne Stadium, Greatness Park to contest the semi final of the Craske and Wells Memorial Cup against high flying Sevenoaks Town Reserves of the Premier Division.

The Park put up a wonderfully spirited second half when they were by far the better of the two teams but could not just get the all important goals to draw level and force the tie into extra time. Sevenoaks Town Reserves thus went through to the final 4-2 but the Park were far from being disgraced.

The gap between the two teams during the first half was evident with Sevenoaks movement always difficult to contain. Despite this the visitors midfield with Jim Hagon prominent and ably supported by Freddie Payne along with Paul Burgess tried manfully to play their parts.

Sevenoaks took the lead when the Park were found napping at a corner on the right and with acres of space on the flank a defender was able to exploit the situation and receiving the ball crossed into the box where the receiver scored with ease.

The Park built some encouraging attacks spreading the ball wide particularly down the left and from one move Hagon opened the Sevenoaks defence but the hard working Andy Streeter was offside.

When Sevenoaks went further ahead it looked as they might cruise through but credit to the Park they kept battling. Payne was replaced by Billy Muckle just before the break and his energy suddenly made a difference.

The Park got off to the perfect opening at the start of the second half. Streeter and Muckle combined well down the left and set up Leon Terry whose shot crashed into the net.

Muckle continued to be a thorn for the Sevenoaks defence with his speed of running and control of the ball. The Park’s joy was short lived for after eight minutes a defensive error let in Sevenoaks and the ball was in the net. Cutts was replaced by teenager Keegan Robinson who quickly settled into his role with a good attacking sense down the left.

After good work by Tor Osman a pass found the hard working an unmarked Streeter but the strike shot over the crossbar. Sevenoaks then scored after the referee changed his mind over a throw-in on the left but at the other end the Park were again on the attack putting the home team under pressure.

Payne came back on for Hagon, who had had an excellent game, and was straight away in the action crossing the ball to the unmarked Terry who hooked a left foot shot wide. Keegan and Muckle continued to take centre stage as the Park again surged forward. The Sevenoaks keeper made two brilliant saves, the second pushing the ball out to Streeter who struck the ball into the net. At 4-2 and with better finishing the Park might have forced extra time.

All the Park players had enjoyed the occasion, playing on the new pitch and deserved much satisfaction from a fine performance particularly during the second half.

Wilderpark 2 - 4 Sevenoaks Town Res

  • Tuesday 27 March 2018 @ 19:30
  • Craske & Wells Trophy SF
  • Greatness Park
  • Referee: Chris de Graft-Hayford, William Boag, Dominic Richardson
12 K. Robinson N. Cutts
13 O. Barnes F. Payne
14 T. Osman P. Burgess
15 B. Muckle A. David

Previous meetings

27 Mar 18 19:30 Trophy Wilderpark v Sevenoaks Town Res 2 - 4