Monday, May 16
Sevenoaks, UK

Match Centre

St Lawrence Reserves



Fisher Shield 2nd January 2016 @ 13:30 Stone Street

Wilderpark eased through to the quarter-final stage of the Fisher Shield on Saturday 2 January with an emphatic 6-1 victory over St. Lawrence Reserves at Bitchet Green.

On a difficult playing surface which worsened as the tie progressed and not helped by bursts of heavy rainfall the opening exchanges were fairly even. Saints attacks were concentrated down the left flank where they invariably made good progress threatening the Park defence in which Jason Lee made a number of timely interceptions.

It was not all one way traffic with Leon Terry busy down the left side and the hard tackling and quick bursts caused problems in the Saints rearguard.   On 15 minutes Park forged ahead when Jim Hagon met a corner from the right to volley a superb shot into the net.

Ten minutes later Saints drew level when another attack down the left and a low cross appeared to skid across the surface when two players were unmarked and the winger struck the ball past keeper Gary ‘bad boy’ Sawyer and into the net.

Play thereafter went from end to end and with Park constructing some nice moves with accurate passing and good movement. Almost on the half time whistle midfielder Tor Osman took a pass and moving to the left struck a tremendous low left foot shot on the angle which flashed into the net beyond the hapless Saints keeper.

With the slight slope in favour of the Park they got the perfect start to the second half when Alfie Smythe scored. This was soon followed by Hagon’s second strike and the tie was over as a contest.  The Park were totally in charge of the proceedings playing some excellent football with just with sporadic attacks coming from the hosts.

As the Park’s attacks picked up momentum Osman waltzed through a number of players finally getting in a positon to score but with only the keeper to beat the custodian made a brilliant save from close range. Terry hit the woodwork, shots went wide of the target but at the other end there was a slight scare when Sawyer came off his goal-line to collect a loose ball and totally misjudged the situation and a defender came to the rescue.

Osman scored his second goal, Andy Streeter got onto the score sheet as the day light gradually grew worse with a hint of mist drifting around the trees.   The Park face Hildenborough 3rd at Raleys Field in the next round.

Neil Cutts, recovering from injury, came on as a second half substitute together with Sam Morton. Overall, it was an excellent performance by the Park who return to League action this coming Saturday at Raleys Field against high flying Seal Reserves. KO 2.00pm.

St Lawrence Reserves 1 - 6 Wilderpark

  • Saturday 2 January 2016 @ 13:30
  • Fisher Shield 
  • Stone Street
12 S. Morton A. Streeter
13 N. Cutts P. Bellringer
14 M. Taylor A. David

Previous meetings

05 Feb 11 14:00 League Wilderpark v St Lawrence Reserves 2 - 0
12 Mar 11 14:00 League St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 1 - 9
31 Oct 15 14:00 League Wilderpark v St Lawrence Reserves 5 - 2
02 Jan 16 13:30 Shield St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 1 - 6
23 Jan 16 14:00 League St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 3 - 6
27 Feb 16 13:30 S Cup St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 0 - 2
30 Apr 16 14:00 League St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 2 - 2
12 Nov 16 14:00 League St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 2 - 3
15 Apr 17 14:00 League Wilderpark v St Lawrence Reserves 2 - 1
25 Apr 17 18:30 League St Lawrence Reserves v Wilderpark 3 - 1